Facts About Problem Gambling
Problem Gamblers with Dual Addictions
- Problem gamblers who have an alcohol disorder 75%
- Problem gamblers who have a drug use disorder 38%
- Problem gamblers who have nicotine dependency 60%
Fantasy Sports Statistics
Annual amount spent on daily fantasy sports in 2012
Annual mount spent on daily fantasy sports in 2015
- Estimated number of fantasy sports players in 1988 (in millions) 0.5%
- Estimated number of fantasy sports players in 2015 (in millions) 56.8%
- Estimated amount of money wagered on the Super Bowl XLIX (in millions) 100+%
Given the subtle nature of gambling problems, how can you identify someone who is at risk for compulsive gambling? Here are eight warning signs of a gambling problem:
- Increased frequency of gambling activity
- Increased amount of money gambled
- Gambling for longer periods of time than originally planned
- Bragging about wins, but not talking about losses
- Pressuring others for money as financial problems arise
- Lying about how money is spent
- Escaping to other excesses (alcohol, drugs, sleep, etc.)
- Denying there is a problem
Take the 20 Question Risk Test
Answer 20 questions to help determine if you or someone you know is at risk for problem gambling.
You answered yes to %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%% questions about potential problem gambling issues. %%RATING%% You can review your answers below.
Your answers are highlighted below.